John Paul O’Leary T/A trueFleet
Financial Conduct Authority Licence
Number: FRN 685852
ICO Data Protection Registration Licence Number:
50 Whinmoor Drive, Clayton West, Huddersfield,
West Yorkshire, HD8 9QA
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) apply between you and John Paul O’Leary T/A trueFleet, 50 Whinmoor Drive,
Clayton West, Huddersfield, HD8 9QA (“we”, “us” and “our” as appropriate) for the sourcing by us via various funding methods of motor vehicles as listed on our website or in other communications with
you, and as supplied by recommended motor dealers/manufacturers.
- Quotations are valid for 14 days from the date of issue, unless otherwise specified.
- The figures shown are subject to manufacturer’s and/or dealer price changes, fluctuations in interest rates or changes
in Government legislation. That are all outside of our control.
- Manufacturer lead times can change and delays are unfortunately beyond our control. We will update you on a
regular basis on the status of your vehicle order.
- Mileage is shown as annual mileage, i.e. from the 12 month period from the date the leasing period started. If you
exceed the total annual mileage at the end of the lease term, the leasing company will charge a fee for each extra mile over this total.
- If you have chosen not to have the servicing and maintenance provided by the leasing company then you are responsible
for servicing the vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s service schedule. The vehicle must also be returned to the leasing company in a roadworthy state. Tyres must be at or above
the legal tread limit. If you need any clarification of this please just ask us for a copy of the BVRLA (British Vehicle Rental Leasing Association) guide which can be provided upon
request. The vehicle must have a valid MOT certificate if required. If you don’t return the vehicle in a roadworthy state in accordance with the BVRLA guide, you may be charged for
remedial/cleaning/upkeep work by the leasing company.
- If you have chosen to have your maintenance provided by the leasing company (or a third party that we may have
introduced you to) you are still responsible for arranging the service in accordance with their instructions.
- Maintenance may be provided by a third party. If this is the case, then an additional Master Hire Agreement and an
additional Direct Debit Mandate will need to be signed.
- trueFleet can introduce you to a number of finance providers. We may receive a remuneration if you enter into an
agreement with them.
- If you for any reason fail to be cleared for finance with the leasing provider we will discuss with you prior to
applying for funding with a different company. The additional application will mean an additional search and therefore footprint on your credit file.
- Where the vehicle is fitted with a DPF Filter (Diesel Particulate Filter) or DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) system or
‘Adblue’, trueFleet cannot be held liable for any incorrect usage. You are responsible for adhering to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- In the event of a cancellation of your order you will be charged a fee of £300.00 +VAT by us for services already
provided. However, you may also be charged a cancellation fee by the supplying dealer or third party suppliers in relation to this vehicle order.
- The term of hire or annual mileage limit on some products may be able to be changed with the leasing company, up until
the last 6 months of the agreement. However, not all products will allow this. There may be an administration charge for any amendments to the contract. Not all agreements allow you
to change the mileage so please ensure that you plan your mileage accurately before you enter into an agreement.
- If your vehicle is low emission, you are responsible for registering your vehicle with the DVLA for any waiver of fees,
for example, the London Congestion Charge or the Dart Charge for using the Dartford Crossing. If you fail to register the vehicle and receive a subsequent fine the leasing company will charge
the cost of the fine and an administration fee to you.
- If you receive any traffic infringement penalties you are responsible for paying them directly to the authority
concerned. If any fines are forwarded to your leasing company they will settle the fine and recharge this to you with an additional administration fee.
- If you are an Individual, Sole Trader or Partnership (with less than four partners) you will need to complete a cooling
off period prior to taking delivery of your vehicle. You will also be requested to send in two proofs of identification (from gas/electric/council tax/water bills) dated within the last 90 days
and photocard of your Driving Licence for a particular person as specified.
- Prior to the end of the lease agreement, it is your responsibility to contact us to arrange collection of your
vehicle. The leasing company will not automatically collect the vehicle. You will be charged if you keep the vehicle past the end date of the agreement. To arrange collection
please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Excess mileage charges will apply if you exceed your total contract mileage.
- These terms and conditions form part of your contract with trueFleet. They are in addition to, and not superseded
by, any agreement that you enter into with the leasing company concerned. You will also be required to sign an agreement with the leasing company before taking delivery of your
- The Conditions shall govern our dealings with you, and all contracts formed between you and us, to the exclusion of any
other terms and conditions. No variations to these Conditions will be binding unless agreed in writing between you and us.
- Our employees or agents are not authorised to make any representations concerning our services unless they are confirmed
as such by us in writing. In entering into any contract with us, you acknowledge that you do not rely on any such representations which are not so confirmed.
- Any typing, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer,
invoice or other document or information issued by us shall be subject to correction without any liability on our part.
- Your order of a motor vehicle from our website or other direct communications with you
is an offer by trueFleet. All orders are subject to formal written acceptance by us, the availability of the motor vehicle concerned, price changes, and the payment by you of a holding deposit (if applicable) in accordance with our written acceptance of your vehicle order.
- If the motor vehicle you have ordered is not available, we will contact you by
telephone or email to suggest possible alternatives. If the motor vehicle is available and we accept your order then we will contact you to confirm acceptance of your order.
- No motor vehicle order which has been accepted by us may be cancelled by you, except
with our written agreement and on terms that you shall indemnify us in full against all costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses incurred by us as a
result of the cancellation.
- The prices notified to you by us will include VAT if personal leasing, do not include
VAT if business leasing, include the delivery cost (unless specified) by the dealer to your chosen mainland UK destination, and includes number plates, Road Fund Licence (if applicable) and Vehicle
- We reserve the right to change the price either before or after we accept any order
from you, where circumstances outside of control require it (for example: changes in prices notified to us by dealers, manufacturers and finance companies). We will promptly notify you in writing of
such a change and you will have the right to cancel your order (upon receipt by us of your written confirmation within any reasonable deadline stated by us) if the change is not
- Prices that are set out on our website or in any other direct communications with you
and in general marketing material issued by us are for information purposes only and do not constitute an offer by us capable of being accepted by you.
- The specification of any motor vehicle displayed on our website or any other marketing
material issued by us is supplied by the vehicle manufacturer, dealer or leasing company and formatted for our use. Whilst every effort is made to verify and ensure the accuracy of the data, the
information should only be used as a guide and no purchasing decision should be made by you without verification of the latest data from either the manufacturer or a franchised dealer of their
vehicles. All images on our website or other marketing material issued by us are for illustration purposes only.
- Upon receipt by us of completed finance documentation (including signed finance
agreement accepted by the finance company) and any balance of monies due to be paid to or through us, we will arrange delivery of the vehicle to your chosen mainland UK
- Please note that local registration of motor vehicles is not
- If you fail to provide access to the premises necessary to effect the delivery or fail
to give us adequate delivery instructions at the time stated for delivery (otherwise than by reason of any cause beyond the your reasonable control or by reason of our fault) then, without prejudice
to any other right or remedy available to us, we may store the vehicle(s) until actual delivery and charge you for the reasonable costs (including insurance) of storage.
- Subject as expressly provided in these conditions, and except where you are a person
dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 or in amended or replacement legislation), all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law
are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Where the sale is under a consumer transaction the statutory rights of the customer are
not affected by these conditions.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, we shall not be
liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the contract, for any
indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation whatsoever (whether caused by the negligence of us, our employees or agents or otherwise) which
arise out of or in connection with the supply of services or vehicles, and our entire liability under or in connection with the contract with you shall not exceed the price of the services supplied
to you, except as expressly provided in these conditions.
- We shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of any contract with you by
reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of our obligations, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control.
- We are committed to providing the highest standards of customer service. Should you
have any complaint about our service, please let us know as soon as possible, either by telephone on 01484 866218 or by email to email@example.com , and we will endeavour to resolve them with you in a fair and effective manner. We will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours of
receipt and will take all reasonable steps to resolving it promptly to your and our satisfaction. We will provide you with a timescale for resolving the dispute and keep you regularly updated with
its progress. For further information please refer to our full complaints procedure on our website www.truefleet.co.uk
- The following clause applies if you make any voluntary arrangement with your creditors;
or (being an individual or firm) become bankrupt; or (being a company) become subject to an administration order or go into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or
reconstruction); or an encumbrance takes possession, or a receiver is appointed, of any of your property or assets; or you cease, or threaten to cease, to carry on business; or we reasonably
apprehend that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to you and we notify you accordingly.
- If this clause applies, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us,
we shall be entitled to cancel the contract or suspend any further deliveries or provision of services under the contract without any liability to you, and if vehicles have been delivered or services
provided but not paid for the price shall become immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
- If any provision of these conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid
or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
- The contract with you shall be governed by the laws of England, and you agree to submit
to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Finance is subject to status and to persons over 18 years of age only. Underwriting
guarantees or indemnities may be required. For purchase plans, the Optional Final Payment plus any other applicable fees may apply in order to own the vehicle at the end of the
- Vehicles and finance are only supplied to addresses on the U.K.
- E & O E